Happy Full Mooooooonnnnn! 🐺 🌝
Today, I’m baking cardamom walnut cookies in honor of the full moon.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup lightly toasted and chopped walnuts ( I like bigger pieces so I just break up the walnut halves with my fingers.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus 1/8 teaspoon (1/4 teaspoon if you really like cardamom) of cardamom for rolling warm cookies into or to dust on top. Left over sugar might be tasty to dust over French toast!
- Sit the vegan butter out so that it warms to room temperature.
- Place butter, vanilla extract, lemon peal, salt, sugar, cardamom in the mixer and mix well.
- Add in flour and walnuts. I like bigger walnut pieces so I keep them fairly chunky. If you put walnut pieces in the mixer, they will break down some. Fold them in by hand if you want to keep them bigger. If you want to make crescent moon shaped cookies, it works best with smaller walnut pieces.
- Chill dough for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls or shape into crescent moons. 🌙
- Bake cookies for 15- 20 minutes or until they are golden.
- Let cookies cool a couple of minutes before rolling them in the sugar.
- Roll warm cookies into powdered sugar and cardamom mixture. Alternatively, you can dust the cookies with this mixture, but maybe make half of the sugar and cardamom mixture.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
For extra full moon fun, I made a new Wild Woman Archetype video for this full moon…the story, Crescent Moon Bear. Make the cookies while listening or snuggle up with some cookies and tea while you listen!
Don’t worry, if you’re seeing this after the full moon. This energy is with us until the next full moon!
Leave a Reply